'24 QB KJ Jackson "definitely" wants to visit Kentucky again
Almost one year ago, KJ Jackson made a visit to Lexington and earned an offer from former offensive coordinator Liam Coen. Now, the high school junior is eyeing a return trip to Kentucky with Coen likely headed back to his old position.
Earlier this week, Jackson, a three-star quarterback out of Montgomery, AL, spoke with On3’s director of recruiting, Chad Simmons, to provide an update on his recruitment. Jackson tells On3 that he “definitely” wants to make trips to several programs: UCF, Duke, Penn State, and Kentucky, along with a few others. The 6-foot-3, 215-pound signal-caller has already visited UCF twice, Penn State twice, and Kentucky once, with a potential trip to Duke being his first.
Jackson is considered one of the top ’24 class quarterbacks out there, coming in as the No. 31 overall QB and No. 428 junior in the country, per the On3 Consensus. He’s also taken multiple visits to Georgia (although no offer has been extended), a visit to Oklahoma, and recently earned an offer from North Carolina.
It was Jan. 17, 2022, when Jackson visited UK and received an offer from Liam Coen. Over a month later on Feb. 21, Coen accepted the offensive coordinator job with the Los Angeles Rams. But following a down season for the Rams (where head coach Sean McVay, not Coen, was calling plays) and an even worse offensive performance from Kentucky under Rich Scangarello, all signs are pointing toward Coen making his way back to Lexington once the NFL season wraps up.
- 1Breaking
UK-Gonzaga series
is over
- 2Hot
Miles Brown
4-star CB picks UK
- 3Trending
Early Exit
at SECT for Bat Cats
- 4New
Savo Drezgić
UK in contact with former UGA guard
- 5
New mock draft
Moreno and JQ go back-to-back
Get the On3 Top 10 Newsletter in your inbox every morning
By clicking "Subscribe to Newsletter", I agree to On3's Privacy Notice, Terms, and use of my personal information described therein.
If you’re looking for some more reassurance on that front, Jackson also told On3’s Simmons that he’s excited to get back to UK so he can meet with Coen for the first time since last January.
“(Kentucky is) getting a new offensive coordinator soon,” Jackson said. “So getting out there and meeting is a big (thing). He’s the one who originally offered me, so I haven’t talked to him since he left, obviously. Getting back and getting a relationship with him will be great.”
A final decision for Jackson is expected ahead of his senior season.








Discuss This Article
Comments have moved.
Join the conversation and talk about this article and all things Kentucky Sports in the new KSR Message Board.
KSBoard