Report: Rams WR Puka Nacua served with lawsuit from accuser while in rehab
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Puka Nacua was served a lawsuit while in rehab from the woman who accused him of biting her and making antisemitic remarks during a New Year’s Eve party, according to TMZ Sports. The lawsuit was served after three different process servers showed up at the holistic care facility in Malibu earlier this month.
In March, Madison Atiabi accused Nacua of allegedly saying, “F*ck all the Jews,” during a New Year’s Eve group dinner. Atiabi then alleged Nacua bit her thumb “so forcefully that she screamed in acute pain” and later bit her left shoulder. Nacua has vehemently denied all allegations.
Earlier this month, the California Post reported that Nacua had entered a state-of-the-art holistic care facility in Malibu to focus on “personal growth.” Nacua’s attorney, Levi McCathern, told the Post that the decision was not a direct result of the lawsuit filed against him.
McCathern told the Post that Nacua had already checked into the luxury treatment center before news broke of the allegations. Nacua’s goal was to “improve his overall behavior in every aspect of his life that he can do it,” McCathern said.
“I have talked to him,” McCathern said April 1. “He’s in great spirits. I think he’s doing absolutely fabulous. I’m just really excited for how he’s going to look next year. For as great as he was, I think he’s going to be even better going forward.”
Puka Nacua out of rehab, back with Rams
Nacua has since checked out of the rehab facility. He was in attendance at the first day of the team’s offseason program on Monday, though he did not speak with reporters. Rams head coach Sean McVay said Tuesday that he believes the “best is yet to come for” Nacua.
“Most importantly, you want to be there. You want to help him continue to grow. Certainly, nobody’s perfect. I know I wasn’t,” McVay told USA Today Sports. “I had a lot of people that put their arm around me and help guide me along the way, and kind of like what I’ve consistently said, I love this kid’s heart.
- 1
NewTexas Tech rules Brendan Sorby ineligible, files for reinstatement
- 2

Brendan Sorsby sues NCAA over gambling investigation
- 3

SCORE Act pulled from House voting schedule
- 4

Oregon suing ex-player for alleged breach of contract
- 5

Rivals300 rankings updated after spring evaluations
Get the On3 Top 10 Newsletter in your inbox every morning
By clicking "Subscribe to Newsletter", I agree to On3's Privacy Notice, Terms, and use of my personal information described therein.
“I trust the feeling that I have in the relationship we’ve developed over the last handful of years, and I truly believe the best is yet to come for him.”
Nacua, 24, is coming off a season in which he led the league with 129 catches, to go along with 1,715 yards, and 10 touchdowns. He was named a first-team All-Pro selection.
Nacua is entering the final year of his rookie contract. His production says he’s worthy of being arguably the highest-paid wideout in the NFL. Right now, that’s not the focus of the organization when it comes to Nacua.
“We’re just more worried about the human and helping him being able to get himself in a good position,” McVay said. “He’s in the right trajectory.”