Skip to main content

Cowboys QB Dak Prescott, ex-fiancée reportedly handling custody arrangements 'peaceful and productive' after breakup

Danby: Daniel Hager04/02/26DanielHagerOn3

Dallas Cowboys All-Pro quarterback Dak Prescott and fiancée Sarah Jane Ramos called off their wedding in early March following joint bachelor and bachelorette parties in the Bahamas, according to TMZ. The separation occurred just a month before their planned marriage in Italy.

Amid rampant speculation over the cause of the ending of the engagement, Page Six revealed it was Ramos who called off the wedding. She reportedly accused Prescott of “ongoing infidelity issues.” Citing “a source familiar with the situation,” Page Six reported Ramos believed the Cowboys quarterback “had a long history of communicating with other women” throughout their nearly three-year relationship.

However, TMZ reported on Thursday that Prescott and Ramos are handling their custody arrangements in a civil manner following the split. Prescott filed a suit affecting the Parent-Child Relationship last month, but the hearing has since been pushed back as the pair works through things outside of court. Prescott and Ramos have two children together — a two-year-old and a 10-month-old.

Sarah Jane Ramos called off engagement after joint bachelor/bachelorette party

Following their joint bachelor and bachelorette party, Prescott remained behind in the Bahamas after their friends left and Ramos reportedly uncovered that the Cowboys quarterback “was allegedly using incognito social media profiles to send inappropriate messages to multiple women and ex-flings,” according to Page Six’s source. 

After finally confronting Prescott, Ramos reportedly made the decision to call off the wedding and the pair sent a joint email to hundreds of wedding guests revealing the news. The source also told Page Six that Ramos is “done” with Prescott and the 32-year-old quarterback is focused on co-parenting the couple’s two young children. 

Prescott and Ramos went public with their relationship in 2023 with the Cowboys star proposing in October 2024. He proposed to her with a 10-carat emerald-cut engagement ring by Jason of Beverly Hills.

While Prescott deals with the ended engagement, he heads into his 11th season with the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys are coming off a disappointing 7-9-1 season, in which they missed the postseason for the second consecutive year. Prescott returned to form in 2025, passing for 4,552 yards (most since 2019) and 30 touchdowns.

“Dak and I have had a ton of conversations,” Cowboys head coach Brian Schottenheimer said earlier this week. “He’s in a really good spot. Obviously what he’s dealing with is incredibly tough. But if anyone can handle it, he can.”

On3’s Alex Byington and Barkley Truax contributed to this article.