Skip to main content

Report: Antonio Brown extradited to New Jersey after being wanted for attempted murder

FaceProfileby: Thomas Goldkamp11/06/25

Former NFL star receiver Antonio Brown has reportedly been extradited to New Jersey by U.S. Marshals, according to a report by Andy Slater. Brown was wanted for an attempted murder in South Florida earlier this year.

TMZ reports additionally that Brown was extradited from Dubai, with the United Arab Emirates assisting in his return to the United States. Per TMZ, Brown went first to New York City, then to South Florida following his extradition. He is currently in the custody of the Miami-Dade Department of Corrections.

In June, reports emerged that Brown was wanted on an attempted murder charge. Miami-Dade County issued an arrest warrant, the Washington Post’s David Ovalle reported. Brown was facing a charge of attempted murder stemming from a shooting at a celebrity boxing event in May.

A judge signed the warrant with a charge of attempted murder with a firearm, according to the Washington Post. It also called for Brown to post a $10,000 bond and stay under house arrest pending a trial.

The warrant, obtained by the Washington Post, said officers responded to a report of gunshots outside a venue just before midnight May 16. An off-duty officer who was working security during the boxing event said he left after learning of the sound of gunfire and added he saw Brown in a physical altercation with another man.

People in the parking lot said Brown was the shooter. However, the warrant said officers didn’t find a weapon when they patted him down.

The warrant also said Miami detectives obtained footage appearing to show Brown punching another man, and it later appears to show him taking the gun from a security officer and running toward that man. Cell phone video also showed two gun shots as Brown headed toward the victim and the victim ducking.

The alleged victim told detectives that after the initial fight broke up, Brown “began to run toward him with a firearm” and shot twice – potentially grazing his neck, according to the Washington Post. A struggle began, and police arrived before Brown walked away.

The event in question is the same one after which Antonio Brown was handcuffed following an altercation. Video obtained by TMZ appeared to show him being “aggressively pulled to the ground” before getting up, kicking the individual who tackled him and attempting to “escape the chaos” that ensued. Brown addressed the situation on social media the next day, alleging he was “jumped” by multiple people who attempted to steal jewelry.

“Regarding the boxing event that happened last night,” Brown posted on X. “I was jumped by multiple individuals who tried to steal my jewelry and cause physical harm to me. Contrary to some video circulating, Police temporarily detained me until they received my side of the story and then released me.

“I WENT HOME THAT NIGHT AND WAS NOT ARRESTED. I will be talking to my legal council and attorneys on pressing charges on the individuals that jumped me. I will keep you all posted step-by-step on the process. Thank you for the support and love.”

On3’s Nick Schultz also contributed to this report.