Clemson trolls Luke Ferrelli after Dabo Swinney's public call out of Ole Miss, Pete Golding for tampering
Clemson didn’t stop making their point on former linebacker Luke Ferrelli when Dabo Swinney’s press conference ended last week. Following the Tigers head coach’s fiery public accusations of tampering, the program took a subtle, and very online, jab at the center of the controversy.
As first reported by Jon Blau of The Post and Courier, Clemson’s website still features a bio page for Ferrelli, but it now includes a link labeled “Click here for Luke Ferrelli’s timeline at Clemson.” That link redirects to Swinney’s Friday press conference detailing the alleged tampering involving Pete Golding and the Ole Miss Rebels.
The move came just days after Ferrelli flipped his transfer commitment from Clemson to Ole Miss, a decision Swinney addressed head-on in an uninterrupted 19-minute monologue that quickly went viral. During the presser, Swinney laid out a detailed, timestamped timeline of Ferrelli’s recruitment, alleging repeated contact from Ole Miss staff despite Ferrelli having verbally committed and signed a financial aid agreement with Clemson.
According to Swinney, Ferrelli committed to Clemson on Jan. 6 before his agent contacted Clemson general manager Jordan Sorrells a week later, claiming Ole Miss had been “coming hard” after the linebacker. Swinney said he instructed Sorrells to contact Ole Miss general manager Austin Thomas, whom Swinney said wanted no involvement in the matter, adding pointedly, “Pete Golding just does what he does.”
Swinney accused Golding, who was promoted to Ole Miss head coach on Nov. 30, of directly contacting Ferrelli on Jan. 14, allegedly texting, “I know you’re signed. What’s the buyout?” and sending an image of a $1 million contract offer. Two days later, Ferrelli reportedly told Clemson linebackers coach Ben Boulware that Ole Miss had doubled its offer before requesting to re-enter the transfer portal.
- 1
NewInside the public collapse of the SCORE Act
- 2

The top 100 players in college football for 2026
- 3

Top 25 recruit Anderson Diaz commits to Alabama
- 4

Ed Orgeron returns to LSU on Lane Kiffin's staff
- 5

College football's real problem revealed
Get the On3 Top 10 Newsletter in your inbox every morning
By clicking "Subscribe to Newsletter", I agree to On3's Privacy Notice, Terms, and use of my personal information described therein.
Swinney said Clemson officials drove to Ferrelli’s apartment on Jan. 16, where Ferrelli informed them in person, and later by phone, that he was heading to Ole Miss. Swinney emphasized that he documented not just dates, but specific times for each interaction.
Clemson has since reported Ole Miss to the NCAA for tampering, with Swinney also confirming he spoke with ACC commissioner Jim Phillips, who then contacted SEC commissioner Greg Sankey.
“I am not going to let someone flat out tamper with my program,” Swinney stated. “If you tamper with my players, I’m going to turn you in.” And now, even Clemson’s website is helping raise awareness for that cause.
— On3’s Grant Grubbs contributed to this article.